Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can CPR do to help my practice and save time for me? The short answer is, anything you need us to do. We pride ourselves on being flexible and sensitive to the varying needs from office to office. We can perform larger tasks such as billing insurance, contracting or credentialing, as well as smaller tasks such as document management (where we monitor your documents and alert you before you are out of date). We also can handle one-off projects such as scanning, closing out records, or consulting on specific issues.
2. Can CPR work with providers outside Little Rock? Yes, we can! Thanks to technology, we can service clients located anywhere with an internet connection. While providers local to Arkansas appreciate our ability to visit their offices in person, we extend that same courtesy to any of our clients.
3. Who does CPR provide services for? Primarily for medical providers such as physician’s™ offices, hospitals or PHO (Physician Hospital Organization)/IPA (Individual Practitioner Association). We also provide services for legal and other practitioner offices who benefit from account management and administrative support. Additionally, we serve as a liaison for employer groups and their members with the various health plans. With our comprehensive managed care experience and an ever-changing healthcare world, we are able to assist members with understanding the complexities of their plans while helping employers save money and give a strong value-added service to their personnel.
4. How does CPR bill? We bill monthly, or quarterly via e-mail or bill mailed to the primary contact. The frequency of the contract and the terms of how services are billed are one of the items we discuss with you. We attempt to fit into your budget needs as much as possible by providing flexibility on payment dates and terms.
5. What payment methods does CPR accept? We currently accept payment by check or automatic draft. We do not currently accept credit card payments.
6. How are CPR’s rates established? Our services are customized to the individual needs of the provider and the planned goals. With this in mind, our rate structure is developed uniquely with each case and discounts are provided when multiple services are combined. Speak to us about your specific needs, and we will do our best to work out a solution which accommodates both your goals and your budget.
7. Does CPR only work on M.D. (Medical Doctors) for medical services? No, we service all healthcare providers types including Doctors (M.D. and D.O.), Nurse Practitioners (A.N.P.), Physician Assistants (P.A.), Audiologists (AuD), Physical Therapists (P.T.), Psychologists (Ph.D.), just to name a few. In addition we work with facilities such as surgery centers or hospitals.
8. What are CPR’s office hours? Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. central time Monday through Friday, except for normal holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.). Even when our office is closed, we have voice mail and e-mail boxes which are checked regularly so if you have an emergency someone will follow-up with you promptly (usually within twenty-four (24) hours).
9. Can CPR work onsite? Depending on the project you have in mind, our staff will accommodate your needs to have us onsite to perform certain duties. If you have a need or desire to have us onsite, we will work with you to accomplish your goals.
10. When can CPR start working for me? A start date for your specific contract will be coordinated with you through the process. In most cases we can start within 7-14 days. In some cases we can even start earlier.
Let us breathe new life into your practice.
10201 West Markham, Suite 105
Little Rock, AR 72205